Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shorter USB cable

Let me know how that works, also what length cable are you getting?
I really like this one, but it's too short, and not sure if the angles are in the right directions. It looks like the length of the small end would be no problem.
View attachment 975

@Old Bama Dude I ordered 12" cables. with the 90 degree connector it should make it with my phone. Tablet is another thing and might be a little short. Will check and post pics when they get here.

Yeah, I use 10" cable (no right angles) with my iPhone 7 plus, and it just makes it - I don't think the cable would be long enough with an iPad of any type.

I use the coiled cable and after a flight to .9 mile I like it. It is a compact arrangement well suited for my Shield tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
If it works well also please let Old Bama Dude know as well as he is looking for such a cable

Will do!!
I would have gotten the top part angled too but there seems to be no such cable at a suitable length.
I did find a site that you can custom order them exactly the way you want but it would cost 50 bux.

Yep, I'm a little worried about that, too. If they don't work on my XSP, I have other places I can use them.

Just found this right angled one. :)
View attachment 981
That's the one I'm waiting for actually but since then I purchased another one where the large usb part is universal so it can flip right angle or left and the micro usb is right angled so if I flip my tablet around I will only need about 9 inches (it will connect to the left side of the remote on the tablet and point down if you are looking at the remote face on).

Last edited:
Yep you may have that problem, unless you want cut a groove in the side.....naaa, Don't do that.
Got the new cables today, As feared the angled lightning connector can’t plug into the bottom of the phone because the phone holding slot interferes. Almost plugs in; just misses. Oh well...

Attachments

• 20170825_151723[1].jpg
    20170825_151723[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20170825_151746[1].jpg
    20170825_151746[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20170825_151803[1].jpg
    20170825_151803[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Squirrel!
I like it also because it doesn't block any of the other underside ports. Like I'm gonna use them anyways lol.
The next cable coming should be even better (shorter with both ends angled). I can flip the tablet around and have the cable come out the same place on the remote and then just go straight up and angle down from the tablet.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GISJenn